Ashland Public Schools / Town of Ashland
Mission StatementThe Ashland Public Schools/Town of Ashland Technology Department’s mission is to support and encourage the use of technology as a tool of learning, teaching, management and communication.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide the necessary training to promote comfortable use of technology
- Maintain and improve current information technology systems
Locations Supported by Our DepartmentAshland Schools: Ashland High School, Ashland Middle School, David Mindess School, Henry Warren School, William Pittaway SchoolAshland Municipal Buildings: Town Hall, Ashland Public Library, The Corner Spot, Department of Public Works, Ashland Community Center, Main Street and Cedar Street Fire Stations, Main Street Police Station and Administrative offices, Ashland Police Substation, Ashland Animal Control Building
Report a Problem
Students (or parents on behalf of their child) are required to complete the Chromebook Service Request Form to report any physical damage with their school-issued chromebook.
Our faculty and staff use the web-based trouble ticketing system Schooldude to report all technology and maintenance issues. Submitted tickets are seen by all department members, who are responsible for updating the status of each ticket from the time troubleshooting begins until issue resolution.Applications Used in Ashland Public SchoolsThe majority of applications used in the district are web-based. Moving to this solution saves the district money by reducing the number of in-house servers, freeing up internal technical support time as well as allowing staff and faculty to use these applications from any mobile device.
- Google Apps for Education - email and communications system
- iPass - student information system
- MUNIS - financial application system
- Teachpoint - mobile teacher evaluation tool
- SNAP - health data collection and management system
- Frontline - substitute placement and absence management application
- SMARTEdu - staff professional development system
- Naviance - college and career readiness software
- eSped - Special Education application
- Follett - library management application
- Schooldude - maintenance and technology trouble-ticketing system
Director of Technology
email@example.comJohn LeacuSr. Network Manager
firstname.lastname@example.orgAnne CantinJohn Hornung
Chris VenutiIT Support Specialists
87 W. Union Street
Ashland, MA 01721Phone: 508-881-0195Office Hours:Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.