Open House and Ribbon Cutting on September 9
The Ashland Public Schools will host an open house and ribbon-cutting ceremony on Saturday, September 9 for the David Mindess Elementary School.
From 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., invited guests will participate in a luncheon, private tour, and ribbon-cutting ceremony. The public is welcome to join this portion virtually by visiting the WACATV YouTube channel or WACATV Facebook page.
The public is welcome to join us in person to tour the building from 12:30–4:30 p.m. at 90 Concord St. Ashland, MA 01721 on September 9.
If you missed the building tours, here are some highlights about our new school building:
- The building uses a pod design for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students.
- The building uses color-coded hallways to make it easy to navigate. Yellow is for third grade, green is for fourth grade and blue is for fifth grade.
- The school has wonderful spaces specifically designed for special education students.
- It has multiple outdoor learning areas and a rooftop classroom.
- Landscape choices were made intentionally with low-maintenance plants and trees.
- There are two common areas where teachers can take students to learn in a new environment.
- The building supports 635 students and 65 teachers, support staff and administrators.
- It is climate controlled due to geothermal wells.
- The next steps are to build the outdoor playground, basketball court and athletic fields in front of the building.